MINNEAPOLIS, MN - June 12, 2012
Colectica presents DDI 3 metadata software at IASSIST 2012
- Colectica preceded the conference with a workshop titled "Hands on DDI 3 with Colectica". This training course covered introductions to Colectica, DDI 3, and ingesting existing resources.
- Colectica RDF Services, a software package to publish statistical data onto the semantic web, was presented in the "Accessing DDI 3 as Linked Data - Colectica RDF Services". Colectica RDF Services is available today to publish DDI 3 and statistical metadata into the linked data cloud.
- Metadata production tools for use with DDI and other open standards were presented in "Keeping up with Colectica". The new Enterprise features of Colectica 4 were presented including new authentication, fine grained role based permission, and a new user interface for browsing Colectica Repository.
- A joint presentation with the Swedish National Data Service outlined the interoperability achieved with Colectica and the DDI 3 standard. The session "Integrating DDI 3-based tools with Web Services: connecting Colectica and eXist-db" detailed connecting Colectica Designer the the SND data archive using Colectica's Addin framework.
- The panel talk "Shopping for Data: Variable Baskets on the Web" described Colectica's NIH grant for work on Open Standards based tools for Longitudinal Data.
- "IASSIST is filled with data professionals who are excited about the proper management and curation of both data and metadata. Colectica is a perfect fit for these tasks, and we are happy to share what we have learned developing these systems with those attending the conference." said Dan Smith, a partner at Colectica.
Launched in 2010, Colectica® is the fastest way to design, document, and publish statistical research using open data standards. The Colectica Platform is an ideal solution for statistical agencies, survey research groups, public opinion research, data archivists, and other data centric collection operations that are looking to increase the expressiveness and longevity of the data collected through standards based metadata documentation. The company offers a range of highly specific products and services designed to give power to people through easy integration and access to data.
Colectica is a registered trademark of Colectica and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.